20+ Needs Brainstorming Assignment - Due in Lab week 4
- Identify 20+ needs and sketch two potential solutions to each need in your design notebook
- A need, as it differs from a product, is something along the lines of "peeling a orange is messy and time consuming." A solution to that need is a device that peels the orange for you, a device that steams the peel off, an orange that is grown with no peel at all, etc.
- Make notes on your sketches so that your idea is clear. The sketch should be large and clear enough so that a person can understand it without needing you to explain anything verbally.
- Only ONE idea, two drawings, per page.
- Make photocopies of your 5 favorite ideas. You will use the photocopies during lab. You will turn in your design notebook for grading of your 20 ideas.
- 5.0 = A+, at least 20 ideas that are truly fantastic. Sketches are amazing. Everything is crystal clear. Rarely given.
- 4.0 = A, vast majority of ideas are creative and innovative. Sketches drawn clearly describe what the product is designed to do. Captain Kirk all the way!
- 3.0 = B, A solid effort. Most ideas are good, but sketches lack clarity. Or ideas have clarity but are lacking
- 2.0 = C, OK. A few good ideas, but mostly unoriginal, uncreative.
- 1.0 = D, Rambling, not clear, a few ideas just thrown in meet the 20 idea requirement.
- 0.0 = F, Less than 20 ideas